CERS works closely with the Centre for Academic Practice Enhancement (CAPE), also part of Middlesex University, who help colleagues to develop effective academic practices, and ensure high-quality student academic experience.
Videos by Middlesex University staff
- What do you enjoy about facilitating student learning? (Adam Edwards, Library Liaison Manager, shares a short story about facilitating learning)
- Why do you think teaching is great? (Dr Lola Peach-Martins, Business School, tell us why she thinks teaching is great)
To find out more about the pedagogical conversations that CERS and CAPE are helping to curate across Middlesex University see our news page.
PAPERS BY MIDDLESEX UNIVERSITY STAFF:
This section of recently published work (since 2014) from Middlesex academics shows the range of work being undertaken at our institution. Please contact the authors directly for more information or visit the University’s Research Repository to read more of their contributions to the literature.
|Valeria Graziano||V.Graziano@mdx.ac.uk||The educational turn in art: rewriting the hidden curriculum||2016|
|Paula Nottingham||P.Nottingham@mdx.ac.uk||The use of work-based learning pedagogical perspectives to inform flexible practice within higher education||2016|
|Professional artefacts: embodying ideas in work-based learning||2014|
|Re-evaluating work-based learning pedagogy||2017|
|Yochanan Altman||Y.Altman@mdx.ac.uk||Career mobility in a global ara: advances in managing expatriation and repatriation||2016|
|Harjinder Rahanu||H.Rahanu@mdx.ac.uk||A cross mapping activity showing the relationship between information literacy and cMOOCs||2016|
|The role information literacy in overcoming obstacles to learning and lifelong learning|
|Towards relating delivery methods and examination success: lessons learned from the VALO LLP project case study|
|Elli Georgiadou||E.Georgiadou@mdx.ac.uk||Career mobility in a global ara: advances in managing expatriation and repatriation||2016|
|The role information literacy in overcoming obstacles to learning and lifelong learning|
|Towards relating delivery methods and examination success: lessons learned from the VALO LLP project case study|
|Josie Barnard||J.Barnard@mdx.ac.uk||Tweets as microfiction: on Twitter’s live nature and 140 character limit as tools for developing storytelling skills||2016|
|Lola Martins||L.Martins@mdx.ac.uk||[Ir]responsible leadership: addressing management and leadership curricula biases||2016|
|Elda Nikolou-Walker||E.Nikolou-Walker@mdx.ac.uk||Postgraduate work-based learning (WBL) for nontraditional learners: focused across all four UK regions||2016|
|Adam Edwards||A.Edwards@mdx.ac.uk||Demythologising librarianship: future librarians in a changing literacy landscape||2016|
|Thinking about keywords and searching Summon as in-class group activity||2014|
|Evolving pedagogical practice at Middlesex University: the state of our art||2016|
|Vanessa Hill||V.Hill@mdx.ac.uk||Demythologising librarianship: future librarians in a changing literacy landscape||2016|
|David Boud||D.Boud@mdx.ac.uk||Simulation in higher education: a sociomaterial view||2016|
|Kate WilkinsonJohn ParkinsonSheila CunninghamCarl James-ReynoldsTarek ZoubirVenetia BrownPhil BarterPauline SumnerAngus MacDonaldAsanka DayanandaAlexandra Pitt||K.Wilkinson@mdx.ac.ukJ.Parkinson@mdx.ac.ukS.Cunningham@mdx.ac.ukC.James-Reynolds@mdx.ac.ukT.Zoubir@mdx.ac.ukV.Brown@mdx.ac.ukP.Barter@mdx.ac.ukP.Sumner@mdx.ac.ukA.MacDonald@mdx.ac.ukA.Dayananda@mdx.ac.ukA.Pitt@mdx.ac.auk||Literature review on the use of action research in higher education||2016|
|John McIlroy||J.McIlroy@mdx.ac.uk||British Communists and the 1932 turn to the trade unions||2015|
|Alix Slater||A.Slater@mdx.ac.uk||The festival & event experience||2015|
|Nawaz Khan||N.Khan@mdx.ac.uk||The role information literacy in overcoming obstacles to learning and lifelong learning||2015|
|Clifford De RaffaeleSerengul Smith||C.DeRaffaele@firstname.lastname@example.orgS.Smith@mdx.ac.uk||The use of social networking sites in eLearning||2015|
|Nick Rumens||N.Rumens@mdx.ac.uk||Towards queering the business school: a research agenda for advancing lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans perspectives and issues||2015|
|Gay male academics in UK business and management schools: negotiating heteronormativities in everyday work life||2014|
|Trish Hafford-Letchfield||P.Hafford-Letchfield@mdx.ac.uk||The contribution of education and learning for ethical practice: situating ethics and values within the social work continuum||2015|
|The practice educator as museum guide, art therapist or exhibition curator: a cross-disciplinary analysis of arts-based learning||2014|
|Sophie Ball||S.Ball@mdx.ac.uk||Reclaiming the commons: a discourse for new politics. How grassroots activists are shaping the future||2015|
|Carol Costley||C.Costley@mdx.ac.uk||Educational knowledge in professional practice: a transdisciplinary approach||2015|
|General credit: a recognition of lifewide learning||2014|
|The impact of work-based research projects at postgraduate level||2015|
|Ignatius Ekanem||I.Ekanem@mdx.ac.uk||Entrepreneurial learning: gender differences||2015|
|Neil Lamont||N.Lamont@mdx.ac.uk||Is time of the essence? Experiential accounts from clients of time-limited existential therapy at an HIV counselling service||2015|
|Noha SaleebGeorge DafoulasMartin Loomes||N.Saleeb@mdx.ac.ukG.Dafoulas@mdx.ac.ukM.Loomes@mdx.ac.uk||Personalisation of 3D virtual spaces for enhanced ubiquitous learning||2014|
|Lian Lundy||L.Lundy@mdx.ac.uk||Integrated water cycle management in Kazakhstan||2014|
|David Adams||D.Adams@mdx.ac.uk||Work based learning||2014|
|Wendy Couchman||W.Couchman@mdx.ac.uk||The practice educator as museum guide, art therapist or exhibition curator: a cross-disciplinary analysis of arts-based learning||2014|
|Vanessa Hill||V.Hill@mdx.ac.uk||What’s the name of the game? How Summon saves time for fun games||2014|
|Thinking about keywords and searching Summon as in-class group activity||2014|
|Charles Matthews||C.Matthews@mdx.ac.uk||Adapting and applying central Javanese gamelan music theory in electroacoustic composition and performance||2014|
|Jeff Evans||J.Evans@mdx.ac.uk||New PIAAC results: care is needed in reading reports of international surveys||2014|
|Ellie FranklinJo Abdul-Rahim||E.Franklin@mdx.ac.ukJ.Abdul-Rahim@mdx.ac.uk||Using Pacioli’s pedagogy and medieval text in today’s introductory accounting course||2014|
|Pedro de Senna||P.deSenna@mdx.ac||Student choice in the curriculum: an investigation into existing practices in theatre and drama||2014|
|Christopher Dromey||C.Dromey@mdx.ac.uk||Competitions: Classical and Popular||2014|
|Christine Eastman||C.Eastman@mdx.ac.uk||Halifax Community Bank: a learning society within a UK organisation||2014|
|Professional development in coaching: towards a dynamic alliance of narrative and literature to transform the learning process||2016|
|Coaching in organisations: how the use of fictional characters can develop coaching practice||2016|
|Annette Fillery-Travis||A.Fillery-Travis@mdx.ac.uk||The framework of a generic DProf programme – a reflection on its design, the relational dimension for candidates and advisers and the potential for knowledge co-creation||2014|
|Claudia Megele||C.Megele@mdx.ac.uk||Theorizing Twitter chat||2014|
|Adesola Akinleye||A.Akinleye@mdx.ac.uk||Professional artefacts: embodying ideas in work-based learning||2014|
|Transactional Space: Feedback, critical thinking, and learning dance technique||2016|
|Nosheen Rachel-Naseem||N.Rachel-Naseem@mdx.ac.uk||Structured peer mentoring for student support in higher education institutions in Pakistan; catalysing change in the culture of learning||2013|
OTHER RELEVANT PAPERS:
- Ajjawi, R. and Boud, D. (accepted for publication 30 September 2016). Researching feedback dialogue: an interactional analysis approach, Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, DOI: 10.1080/02602938.2015.1102863
- Anagnostopoulou, K. and Parmar, D. (Eds) (2010) Supporting the First Year Student Experience through the Use of Learning Technologies. Middlesex University & The Higher Education Academy. Available
- Anagnostopoulou, K., Parmar, D. and Priego-Hernandez, J. (2009) An exploration of perceptions of learning and e-learning held by students who withdraw and those who persist with UK higher education. Brookes e-Journal of learning and teaching, 2 (4). Available here.
- Anagnostopoulou, K., Parmar, D., and Priego-Hernandez, J. (2008) Final Report to the HEA: Managing Connections: Using e-Learning tracking Information to improve retention rates in higher education. Available
- Ashwin, P., Boud, D., Coate, K., Hallet, F., Keane, E., Krause, K-L., Lebowitz, B., MacLaren, I., McArthur, J., McCune, V. and Tooher, M. (2015). Reflective Teaching in Higher Education. London: Bloomsbury.
- Bearman, M., Dawson, P., Bennett, S., Hall, M., Molloy, E. Boud, D., and Joughin, G. (accepted for publication 11 July 2016). How university teachers design assessments: a cross disciplinary study, Higher Education, DOI: 10.1007/s10734-016-0027-7
- Bearman, M., Dawson, P., Boud, D., Bennett, S., Hall, M. and Molloy, E. (2016) Support for assessment practice: developing the Assessment Design Decisions Framework, Teaching in Higher Education, 21, 5, 545-556.
- Bennett, S., Dawson, P., Bearman, M., Molloy, E and Boud, D. (published online 12 April 2016). How technology shapes assessment design: findings from a study of university teachers, British Journal of Educational Technology, DOI: 10.1111/bjet.12439
- Boud, D. & Falchikov, N. (2007). Rethinking Assessment for Higher Education: Learning for the Longer Term. London: Routledge. (editor and contributor).
- Boud, D. & Lee, A. (2009). Changing Practices in Doctoral Education. London: Routledge. (editor and contributor).
- Boud, D. (2006). Aren’t we all learner-centred now?: the bittersweet flavour of success. In Ashwin, P. (Ed.). Changing Higher Education: The Development of Learning and Teaching. London: Routledge. 19-32.
- Boud, D. (2006). Combining work and learning: the disturbing challenge of practice. In R. Edwards, J. Gallacher and S. Whittaker. (Eds.). Learning Outside the Academy: International Research Perspectives on Lifelong Learning. London: Routledge, 77-89.
- Boud, D. (2007). Reframing assessment as if learning was important. In Boud, D. & Falchikov, N. (Eds.) Rethinking Assessment for Higher Education: Learning for the Longer Term. London: Routledge, 14-25.
- Boud, D. (2009). How can practice reshape assessment? In Joughin, G. (Ed.) Assessment, Learning and Judgement in Higher Education. Dordrecht: Springer, 29-44.
- Boud, D. (2009). Locating reflection in the context of practice. In Bradbury, H., Frost, N., Kilminster, S. and Zukas, M. (eds). Beyond Reflective Practice: New Approaches to Professional Lifelong Learning:. London: Routledge, 25-36.
- Boud, D. (2010). Assessment for developing practice. In Higgs, J., Fish, D. Goulter, I., Loftus, S., Reid, J-A. and Trede, F. (Eds.) Education for Future Practice. Rotterdam: Sense Publishers, 251-262.
- Boud, D. (2012). Problematising practice-based education. In Higgs, J., Barnett, R., Billett, S., Hutchings, M. and Trede, F. (eds.) Practice-Based Education: Perspectives and Strategies, Rotterdam: Sense Publishers, 55-69.
- Boud, D. (2014). Shifting views of assessment: from teacher’s business to sustaining learning. In Kreber, C., Anderson, C., Entwistle, N. and McArthur, J. (Eds) Advances and Innovations in University Assessment and Feedback. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 13-31.
- Boud, D. (2015). Feedback: ensuring it leads to enhanced learning. The Clinical Teacher, 12, 3-7.
- Boud, D. (2016). Taking professional practice seriously: implications for deliberate course design. In Trede, F. and McEwan, C. (Eds) Educating the Deliberate Professional, Dordrecht: Springer, 157-174.
- Boud, D. (In press, due 2017). Standards-based assessment for an era of increasing transparency. In Carless, D., Bridges, S., Chan, C. and Glofcheski, R. (Eds). Scaling up assessment for learning in higher education. Dordrecht: Springer. ISBN 978-981-10-3043-7
- Boud, D. and Brew, A. (2013). Reconceptualising academic work as professional practice: implications for academic development, Journal for Academic Development, 18, 3, 208-221.
- Boud, D. and Costley, C. (2007). From project supervision to advising: new conceptions of the practice, Innovations in Education and Teaching International, 44, 2, 119-130. ISSN 1470–3297
- Boud, D. and Falchikov, N. (2006). Aligning assessment with long-term learning, Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, 31, 4, 399-413.
- Boud, D. and Falchikov, N. (2007). Developing assessment for informing judgement. In Boud, D. & Falchikov, N. (Eds.) Rethinking Assessment for Higher Education: Learning for the Longer Term. London: Routledge, 181-197.
- Boud, D. and Falchikov, N. (2007). Introduction: assessment for the longer term. In Boud, D. & Falchikov, N. (Eds.) Rethinking Assessment for Higher Education: Learning for the Longer Term. London: Routledge, 3-13.
- Boud, D. and Hager, P. (2012). Re-conceptualising CPD through changing metaphors and location in professional practices, Studies in Continuing Education, 34, 1, 17-30
- Boud, D. and Lee, A. (2009). Framing doctoral education as practice. In Boud, D. and Lee, A. (Eds.) Changing Practices in Doctoral Education. London: Routledge, 10-25.
- Boud, D. and Molloy, E. (2013). Decision-making for feedback. Boud, D. and Molloy, E. (Eds.). Feedback in Higher and Professional Education, London: Routledge, 202-217.
- Boud, D. and Molloy, E. (2013). Feedback in Higher and Professional Education. London: Routledge. (editor and contributor). Translation into Spanish and published by Narcea, Madrid (2015).
- Boud, D. and Molloy, E. (2013). Rethinking models of feedback for learning: the challenge of design, Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, 38, 6, 698-712.
- Boud, D. and Molloy, E. (2013). What is the problem with feedback? In Boud, D. and Molloy, E. (Eds.). Feedback in Higher and Professional Education, London: Routledge, 1-10.
- Boud, D. and Rooney, D. (2015). What can higher education learn from workplace learning? In Dailey-Hebert, A. and Dennis, K. S. (Eds). Transformative Perspectives and Processes in Higher Education. Dordrecht: Springer.
- Boud, D. and Soler, R. (2016). Sustainable assessment revisited, Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, 41.3, 400-413.
- Boud, D. and Solomon, N. (2007). Work-based learning, graduate attributes and lifelong learning. In Hager, P. and Holland, S. (Eds.). Graduate Attributes, Learning and Employability. Dordrecht: Springer, 207-220.
- Boud, D. and Tennant, M. (2006). Putting doctoral education to work: challenges to academic practice, Higher Education Research and Development, 25, 3, 293-306.
- Boud, D., Brew, A, Dowling, R, Kiley, M., Malfroy, J., McKenzie, J., Ryland, K. and Solomon, N. (2014). The coordination role in research education: emerging understandings and dilemmas for leadership, Journal of Higher Education Policy and Management, 36, 3, 440–454.
- Boud, D., Cressey, P. and Docherty, P. (2006). Productive Reflection at Work: Learning for Changing Organisations. London: Routledge. (editor and contributor).
- Boud, D., Dahlgren, L-O., Abrandt Dahlgren, M., Larsson, S., Sork, T. and Walters, S. (2006). Creating a ‘world class’ program: reciprocity and constraint in networked global collaboration, International Journal of Lifelong Education, 25, 6, 609-622. ISSN 0260-1370.
- Boud, D., Dawson, P., Bearman, M., Bennett, S., Joughin, G. and Molloy, E. (accepted for publication, 14 June 2016). Reframing assessment research: through a practice perspective, Studies in Higher Education DOI: 1080/03075079.2016.1202913
- Boud, D., Hawke, G. and
- Boud, D., Lawson, R. and Thompson, D. (2013). Does student engagement in self-assessment calibrate their judgement over time? Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, 38, 8, 941-956
- Boud, D., Lawson, R. and Thompson, D. (2015). The calibration of student judgement through self-assessment: disruptive effects of assessment patterns, Higher Education Research and Development, 34, 1, 45-59.
- Boud, D., Rooney, D. and Solomon, N. (2009). Talking up learning at work: cautionary tales in co-opting everyday learning, International Journal of Lifelong Education, 28, 3, 325-336.
- Brathwaite, B. and Dayananda, A. (2013) ‘Student life – Tapping into technology: Harnessing social media can enhance essential nursing qualities’.Nursing Standard, vol. 28, no.6, p.6. [Online] Available
- Brew, A, Boud, D, Namgung, S U, Lucas, L and Crawford, K. (2016). Research productivity and academics’ conceptions of research, Higher Education, 71, 5, 681-697.
- Brew, A, Boud, D. and Malfroy, J. (accepted for publication 1 April 2016) Building research cultures in doctoral education: the role of coordination, Higher Education Research and Development, DOI 1080/07294360.2016.1177812
- Brew, A. and Boud, D. (2009). Understanding academics’ engagement with research. In Brew, A. and Lucas, L. (Eds.). Academic Research and Researchers. London: SRHE and the OU Press, 189-203.
- Brew, A., Boud, D., Lucas, L. and Crawford, K. (2013). Reflexive deliberation in international research collaboration: minimising risk and maximising opportunity, Higher Education, 66, 93-104.
- Brew, A., Boud, D.and Un Namgung, S. (2011). Influences on the formation of academic identity: the role of the doctorate and structured development opportunities, Studies in Continuing Education special issue on Academic Practice, 33, 1, 51-66.
- Chapman, A., Parmar, D., and Trotter, E. (2006) An evaluation of the first year experience from the mature students’ perspective; a multi-institutional comparison. Practitioner Research in Higher Education, 1(1), 15-19.
- Chappell, C., Scheeres, H., Boud, D. and Rooney, D. (2009). Working out work: integrated development practices in organizations. In Field, J., Gallacher, J. and Ingram, R. (Eds.) Researching transitions in lifelong learning, London: Routledge, 175-188.
- Chilton, S. and Macdonald, K. (2011) Social Media for Dissemination: Reflections on using a range of tools to disseminate events at a learning and teaching conference, Middlesex Journal of Educational Technology
- Clarke, J. and Boud, D. (accepted for publication). Refocusing portfolio assessment: curating for feedback and portrayal, Innovations in Education and Teaching International, DOI: 1080/14703297.2016.1250664
- Dayananda, A. and Ryder, A. (2011) ‘From traditional face to face sessions, workshops and conferences to online hands on experiential staff development. Online Educational Alternatives Course.’, Best Practice Guide:Engaging Hearts and Minds. Engaging with Academics in the use of Technology Enhanced Learning. December 2011, Oxford, UK, pp. 31-37. [Online]. Available Runner up for Engaging Hearts and Minds best case study). Available
- Dayananda, A. and Ryder, A. (2012) ‘Using e-workbooks with health care students in Higher Education.’, Making the case: More effective practice with PebblePad. June 2012, Telford, UK, Published by Pebble Learning Ltd, pp.24-31. [Online].
- Deneen, C. and Boud, D. (2014). Patterns of resistance in managing assessment change, Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, 39, 5, 577-591.
- Dunston, R., Lee, A., Boud, D., Brodie, P., and Chiarella, M. (2009). Co-production and health system reform: from reimagining to remaking, Australian Journal of Public Administration, 68, 1-14.
- Falchikov, N. (2008). Changing pedagogy: vocational learning and assessment. In Murphy, P. and McCormick, R. (Eds.). Knowledge and practice: representations and identities. London: Sage, 125-137.
- Falchikov, N. and Boud, D. (2007). Assessment and emotion: the impact of being assessed. In Boud, D. & Falchikov, N. (Eds.) Rethinking Assessment for Higher Education: Learning for the Longer Term. London: Routledge, 144-155.
- Falchikov, N. and Boud, D. (2008). The role of assessment in preparing for lifelong learning: problems and challenges. In Havnes, A. & McDowell, L. (Eds.). Balancing Dilemmas in Assessment and Learning in Contemporary Education. New York: Routledge, 87-99.
- Gallacher, D., Mimirinis, M., Chapman, A., Torrance, N. & Ryder, A. (2013) Assessing with ease. London: Centre for Learning and Teaching Enhancement, Middlesex University.
- Gibbs, P. (2000), Isn’t higher education employability?, Journal of Vocational Education and Training, 52, (4), pp. 559-71
- Gibbs, P. (2001), Quality and confined pedagogy, Journal of Quality in Education, with Iacovidou, M., 12 (4), pp.113-119.
- Gibbs, P. (2001), The accreditation of work experience: whose interest does it serve? with Morris, A. The Learning Organisation, 8, (2), pp. 82-88
- Gibbs, P. (2004), Accreditation of knowledge as being-in-the-world’, with Angelides, P, Journal of Education and Work, 17 (3), pp. 333-346.
- Gibbs, P. (2004), Higher education teachers and emotional labour, with Constanti, P, International Journal of Educational Management, 18 (4), pp.243-249
- Gibbs, P. (2006) An ethics of community and care for practitioner researchers, International Journal of Research and Method in Education, 29 (2) pp. 239-249.
- Gibbs, P. (2007), Practical wisdom and the worker researcher, London Review of Education, 5 (3), pp. 223‑235.
- Gibbs, P. (2008), Understanding friendship between critical friends, Improving Schools, 11, 3, pp. 213-225
- Gibbs, P. (2009), Gratitude in workplace research: A Rossian approach, Journal of Education and Work, 22, (1), pp.55-66.
- Gibbs, P. (2011), Recognition is deserved, qualifications are merited. Where does that leave fairness in accreditation? With Armsby, P., European Journal of Education 46:3. pp 388-396.
- Gibbs, P. (2011), The metaphor of therapy and its use in the learning of a workplace identity, Journal of Vocational Education and Training, 63:4. 619-628.
- Gibbs, P. (2012), What is in a recommendation? A perspective from work based doctorates Research in Post-compulsory Education (with Maguire, K) 17(3).
- Gibbs, P. (2014) Deliberation, Capability and Action Research: knowledge and becoming , Educational Action Research 22 (3), 428-440
- Gibbs, P. (2016) Literature Review on the Use of Action Research in Higher Education, (with colleagues) Journal of Educational Action Research
- Gibbs, P., Cartney, P., Wilkinson, K., Parkinson, J., Cunningham, S., James-Reynolds, C., Zoubir, T., Brown, V., Barter, P., Sumner, P. and MacDonald, A., (2016). Literature review on the use of action research in higher education. Educational Action Research, pp.1-20.
- Gregory, L., Hopwood, N. and Boud, D. (2014). Interprofessional learning at work: what spatial theory can tell us about workplace learning in an acute care ward, Journal of Interprofessional Care, 28, 3, 200-205.
- Hager, J. M., Basiel, A., Howarth, M. and Zoubir, T., (2013) Using the Phoebe pedagogic planner to enhance student learning and engagement in undergraduate psychology courses. In: Wankel, C. and Blessinger, P. eds. Increasing student engagement and retention using classroom technologies: classroom response systems and mediated discourse technologies. Cutting-Edge Technologies in Higher Education (6E). Emerald Group Publishing Limited. pp. 47-79.
- Hopwood, N., Rooney, D, Boud, D. and Kelly, M. (2016). Simulation in higher education: a sociomaterial view, Educational Philosophy and Theory, 48, 2, 165-178.
- Johnson, C E, Keating, J L, Boud, D. Dalton, M, Kiegaldie, D, Hay, M, McGrath, B, Wendy A. McKenzie, W A, Nair, K B R, Nestel, D, Palermo, C, and Molloy, E (2016) Identifying educator behaviours for high quality verbal feedback in health professions education: literature review and expert refinement, BMC Medical Education, 16, 96.
- Johnsson, M. and Boud, D. (2010). Towards an emergent view of learning work, International Journal of Lifelong Education, 29, 3, 355-368. ISSN 0260-1370 print/ISSN 1464-519X online
- Johnsson, M., Boud, D. and Solomon, N. (2012). Learning in-between, across and beyond workplace boundaries: possibilities for human resource development practice. International Journal of Human Resources Development and Management, 12, 1&2, 61-76.
- Jolly, B. and Boud, D. (2013). Written feedback: what is it good for and how can we do it well? In Boud, D. and Molloy, E. (Eds.). Feedback in Higher and Professional Education, London: Routledge, 104-124.
- Joughin, G., Dawson, P. and Boud, D. (accepted for publication 17 November 2016). Improving assessment tasks through addressing our unconscious limits to change, Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, DOI: 10.1080/02602938.2016.1257689
- Kelly, M., Hopwood, N., Rooney, D. and Boud, D (2016). Enhancing students’ learning through simulation: dealing with diverse, large groups. Clinical Simulation in Nursing, 26, 12, 171-176.
- Kiley, M, Boud, D., Cantwell, R. and Manathunga, C. (2011) Honouring the incomparable: Honours in Australian universities, Higher Education, 62, 5, 619-633.
- Lee, A. and Boud, D. (2009). Producing researchers: the changing role of the doctorate. In Brew, A. and Lucas, L. (Eds.). Academic Research and Researchers. London: SRHE and the Open University Press, 96-108.
- Manathunga, C., Kiley, M, Boud, D., and Cantwell, R. (2012). From knowledge acquisition to knowledge production: issues with Australian honours curricula, Teaching in Higher Education, 17, 2, 139-151.
- Mimirinis, M. & Bhattacharya, M. (2007) Design of Virtual Learning Environments for Deep Learning. Journal of Interactive Learning Research. 18 (1), pp. 55-64.
- Molloy, E. and Boud, D. (2013). Changing conceptions of feedback. In Boud, D. and Molloy, E. (Eds.). Feedback in Higher and Professional Education, London: Routledge, 11-33.
- Molloy, E. and Boud, D. (2013). Feedback models for learning, teaching and performance. In Spector, J. M., Merrill, D., Elen, J. and Bishop, M.J. (Eds.) Handbook of Research on Educational Communications and Technology. Fourth Edition. Springer: New York, 413-424.
- Parmar, D. (2006) The First Year Experience: Approaches to Enhancement. Educational Developments, SEDA. 9.1, 24-2
- Price, O., Boud, D. and Scheeres, H. (2012). Creating work: employee-driven innovation through work practice reconstruction. In Bonnafous-Boucher, M., Hasse, C. Høyrup, S., Lotz, M. and Møller, K. (Eds.) Employee-driven Innovation: A New Approach. London: Palgrave Macmillan, 77-91.
- Price, O., Johnsson, M., Scheeres, H., Boud, D. and Solomon, N. (2012). Learning organizational practices that persist, perpetuate and change: A Schatzkian view. In Hager, P., Lee, A. and Reich, A. (Eds) Practice, Learning and Change: practice-theory perspectives on professional learning, Dordrecht: Springer, 233-247.
- Price, O., Scheeres, H. and Boud, D. (2009). Re-making jobs: enacting and learning work practices, Vocations and Learning: Studies in vocational and professional education, 2,3, 217-234.
- Reich, A., Rooney, D. and Boud, D. (2015). Dilemmas in continuing professional learning: learning inscribed in frameworks or elicited from practice? Studies in Continuing Education, 37, 2, 131-141.
- Reich, A., Rooney, D., Gardiner, A., Willey, K., Boud, D, & Fitzgerald, T. (2015) Investigating professional engineer’s professional learning: A practice theory perspective. European Journal of Engineering Education. 40, 4, 366-379.
- Rooney, D., Gardner, A., Willey, K., Reich, A., Boud, D. and Fitzgerald, T. (2015) Reimagining sitewalks: sites for rich learning. Australasian Journal of Engineering Education. 20, 1, 19-30.
- Rooney, D., Hopwood, N., Boud, D. and Kelly, M. (2015). The role of simulation in pedagogies of higher education for the health professions: through a practice-based lens, Vocations and Learning: Studies in Vocational and Professional Education, 8, 3, 269-285.
- Rooney, D., Rhodes, C. and Boud, D. (2010). A community college’s performance of ‘organisation’: it’s a drag! Studies in the Education of Adults, 42, 1, 18-33.
- Rooney, D., Willey, K., Gardner, A., Boud, D., Reich, A. and Fitzgerald, T. (2013) Engineers’ professional learning: through the lens of practice, In Williams, W., Figueiredo, J. D and Trevelyan, J. (Eds.) Engineering Practice in a Global Context: Understanding the Technical and Social to Inform Educators. Leiden, The Netherlands: CRC Press/Balkema, 265-280,
- Scheeres, H., Solomon, N., Boud, D., and Rooney, D. (2010). When is it okay to learn at work? The learning work of organisational practices, Journal of Workplace Learning, 22, 1&2, 13-26.
- Solomon, N. and Boud, D. (2011). Researching workplace learning in Australia. In Malloch, M., Cairns, L., Evans, K. and O’Connor, B. N. (Eds.) The Sage Handbook of Workplace Learning. London: Sage, 210-221.
- Solomon, N., Boud, D. and Rooney, D. (2006). The in-between: exposing everyday learning at work, International Journal of Lifelong Education, 25, 1, 3-13. Republished in Hall, K., Murphy, P. and Soler, J. (Eds.) (2008) Pedagogy and Practice: Culture and Identities, London: Sage, 75-84
- Stone C., Boud, D. and Hager, P. (2011). Assessment of osteopaths: developing a capability approach to reviewing readiness to practice. International Journal of Osteopathic Medicine, 14, 4, 129-140.
- Terrell, I. and Zoubir, T., (2013). A case study of the tensions and triumphs in building an online learning community. In: Sutton, B. and Basiel, A. eds. 2013.Teaching and Learning Online: New Models of Learning for a Connected World. New York: Routledge. Ch.10.