Date: 7th & 8th June 2018
Location: Day 1, Institute of Education; Day 2, Middlesex University
PhEmaterialism (Feminist Posthuman and New Materialisms in Education) is a working group that brings together a globally dispersed assemblage of students, researchers, teachers, artists experimenting with how posthuman and new materialism can reassemble educational research.
The event will offer valuable opportunities to engage with feminist posthuman and new materialism approaches in education. Our aims are:
- establishing networks of feminist colleagues
- sharing resources
- experimenting with new methodologies including participatory and arts based approaches
- thinking with theory
- developing research ideas
- developing teaching ideas
- joining up thinking on research and pedagogical methods
- establishing working groups for future projects
- having a space to think, make, play, and experiment inside and outside of a formal conference venue
There is no conference fee for presenters at the 2-day event. However, you will need to source funding for travel and subsistence. We are exploring options for limited bursaries to assist travel for some student presenters.
The PhEmaterialism 2018 Organising Team:
Jessica Ringrose, Jayne Osgood, Emma Renold, Alyssa Niccolini, Katie Warfield, Shiva Zarabadi (flyer credit: Emma Renold)